Keep in mind when ‘questing for truth’
These are all very dangerous…I’m guilty of a few of them.
When people turn to fictional characters, it’s often because they want an escape. The stories of these people shelter us from the storm of our daily lives; they save us, if only for a little while. But when we really give in, become invested, let ourselves be vulnerable, something changes. We begin to feel that we know them. It’s no longer just an escape, but part of us, something that makes us who we are.
These characters teach us that incredible adversity can be overcome. That people can love each other forever. That life can be an adventure. That magic can be real. And even if these miracles have never happened to us, we begin to go through life believing that, someday, they could.
“And I promise you that you’re important. Don’t look at me like that- in all my 900 years I’ve never met someone who wasn’t important.”
“Cheer up mate, it gets better. Look at me, I was once a little kid living under the stairs. You’ll do fine.”
“Hey. I know it seems like life sucks, that you’ve got the devil on your tail. Hell, sometimes you do. But you’re strong enough to beat him. You’ve got friends at your back and family too, and that’s what really counts in the end.”
“Don’t be silly, they’re wrong about you; of course you matter. You’ve always mattered.”
WOW CONGRATS YOU JUST MADE ME CRY OVER MY OWN POST
I AM LITERALLY CRYING
When I first saw this post, it was frozen on the image of the Doctor…and yet it made no less of an impact. Speaking as someone who has come back from MPD that I literally developed JUST for this reason, let me tell you - fiction is powerful. It can hold your hand and give you reasons to go on.
Wherever you are now, Spike…Thank you.
…Damnit, and now I’m crying.
Hi everyone!!! This is an art supplies giveaway for me reaching an amount of followers I said I’d do a giveaway at!
Here are the things you’ll be getting, as you can see from the photo!
- 6” by 10” Sketchbook for both wet and dry media
- A bottle of ink, you pick the color, I’ll order it from a specific site
- A fountain pen that comes with the ink from the same site
- 11 colors of Cotman Winsor & Newton watercolors
- 3 brushes
- A drawing of a subject of your choice to go on the first page! You might want to check my art out if you’re unfamiliar with me to see what types of things I usually do
And that’s that. I don’t use any of those watercolor tubes anymore, as I’ve replaced them each with higher quality tubes, so I thought: why not give them away? And I like the fountain pen I’ve been using so much that I think I’d like someone else to try it, too. I’ve also replaced the three brushes I’ve included here, so I don’t need those, either. And a drawing for good measure.
Here are the rules! Please follow these:
- No giveaway blogs. I want more people to actually see this and have a chance at getting something; a lot of artists don’t have a lot of money…
- Reblogs enter you, and a Like helps. You can’t just like - but you can do both to double your chances of just reblogging (if it falls on someone who liked it, I’ll check to see if they reblogged it)
- I’ll be checking the blog that wins to see if you’re an active blog.
- You gotta use these after they arrive! I obviously can’t enforce this, but I want to see people not being timid! Make art! That’s what these are for. I know a thing that stops a lot of people is being scared they’ll mess up and waste expensive supplies… but if this is a gift, that shouldn’t matter!
- This ends on May 24th. If I send an ask and you don’t respond within 2 days, I’ll ask the next person, and so on.
- I will ship anywhere. I’ll pay the shipping.
I think that’s everything. Have fun!!! Good luck!
I’d like to call this the Broken Hopes, Broken Dreams giveaway. I realized I had one more to do after the art one earlier…
I have these two Charizard I got in Japan - a Pokedoll that came out a day before we had to leave, and a Pokemon Time Charizard charm. It’s really cute, but I don’t like Charizard a whole lot. I bought these two Charizard items for a special friend, even though at that time I was really upset at that person. Then we parted ways because it never got better, and I’d rather not keep around things that upset me.
So… the rules are simple.
- One reblog enters, but a like helps.
- No giveaway blogs!
- Giveaway ends May 24th.
- I’ll pay for shipping anywhere.
- You don’t have to be following me, but if you like Pokemon art, I do a lot of that!
Thank you for taking a look! I hope these will end up in a place with someone who appreciates Charizard as much as I don’t.
so cute T^T
OMG…Charizard is my favorite Pokemon of all time. This would be SO awesome.
Werewolf Sunrise - a result of Ancient Scars’ free-draw challenge, and a gift for my wife.
My conbadge for this year’s Ghostwriters Unite! conference, May 3rd-5th in Long Beach, CA.
I’m part of the faculty as well as an exhibitor. Lupa will be there, along with many other authors, ghostwriters, and book industry experts. If you want to learn how to write and make a living doing it, sign up!
There are even still rooms available. PM me for a discount code to get $50 off the price of the con!
Hope to see anyone there who wants to go!
(PS: I’m also the webmaster of the site. If you like it, let me know! Also, feel free to like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/GhostwritersUnite )
My participation in Paw Day. :P
I was waiting for the book to be published before I put this up, but it’s out now so here it is! I was commissioned to design the cover art for world renowned ghostwriter Claudia Suzanne’s book, Buh Bye, M.S. - A True Story.
For more information and purchasing the book, go here:http://www.amazon.com/Buh-Bye-MS-Claudia-Suzanne/dp/096388297X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365743338&sr=8-1&keywords=Buh+Bye+MS